Thursday, January 8, 2009

Officially declared!





I always imagined the moment when I would declare my major as something very dramatic. Me, standing on a podium, in the Administration Building, raising my chin declaring in a loud voice, "I am a Facilities Manager Major!!". It didn't quite go down like that. The only audible sound made was the scribble of my pen on a small carbon copy sheet. I handed it to the receptionist in a small office I've never heard of, and then she tears off the top, and hands me the pink layer. "Is that all" I asked? "Yes", she responded. Then I turned around and walked into the falling snow. But I was actually really excited to declare, or change I should say, my major. I've only had two class periods of my Facility and Property Management class so far, but I have really enjoyed it. I also really enjoy the small class, and small program, because it allows for a lot of opportunity. 

Christmas break was most likely the best two weeks of my life. All of my family was home for the first time in four years. Jackson recently returned from his mission in Madrid, Spain. We actually organized ourselves enough to take family pictures too! The three grandkids kept us all laughing constantly, and the snow storm even gave us a real christmasy feeling. The pictures we took on J's camera, and it was a little windy and cold outside, but we think they turned out alright. All of us made it home alright, and Jackson and I, made it home is special style: the car we got for Christmas! It's a Camry, and we're very grateful to have it. Now I won't have to borrow my roommate's car so much. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you've picked a major. I'm even more glad to see that you've started a blog. Now I won't have to feel left out while Brooklyns gone and I can still get the updates on whats happening with you. I'm going to make Brooklyn her mission blog today so that everyone can read the letters she sends home and see the pictures as well. I'll let you know what it is when we make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben! I'm not stalking you! Ok, maybe a little! I just wanted to keep up with you while Ms.B is out and about, missioning! Wait, is that a word? Missioning? Well it is NOW! Ok, so hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben!!! This is so cool that you have a blog!! Your family is so big! I'm glad you have chosen a major. Finding out what you want to do early on makes school a lot less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup...not much to declaring your major! Glad you've come to this side of the fence!

    ReplyDelete